Tag Archives: OPEN Act
Tagged DNS, Facebook, Google, Innovation, Internet Freedom, OPEN Act, SOPA, Twitter
- From the WSJ, a story on the continued rise of Internet activism in Russia, with interesting stats on financial support protesters have received via the web.
- Google has unveiled a new search feature, called “Search, plus Your World.” Twitter came out swinging against it, but other reactions have been more positive. Ian Paul at PC World provides some further analysis.
- Stewart Baker briefly discusses his upcoming testimony against SOPA, slated for January 18.
- CES also took to the SOPA debate, hosting a panel that included various stakeholders. ars technica provides a good recap.
- Dara Kerr at cnet reports that Facebook will begin inserting sponsored ads into users’ news feeds. Users can place their mouse over the item to determine whether it is from a friend or a sponsored ad.